News & Updates
- May 2019 Edition
- December 2018 Edition
- August 2018 Edition
- April 2018 Edition
- December 2017 Edition
- Media Releases & Articles
In this edition
This year IFS celebrates 25 years since its inception. IFS’ success has been based on the simple premise that aggregating the skill, scale and resources of the industry funds could be harnessed for the advantage of fund members.
During the past 25 years we have developed deep expertise in delivering a wide range of services for our clients and shareholders.
- IFS gave birth to IFM Investors, Frontier and Industry Super Australia. We established the first collectively owned pension – IRIS, and established products for fund members to invest outside super.
- We pioneered unconflicted financial advice – a model that was vindicated in the recent Royal Commission.
- We developed bespoke insurance products for super fund trustees and their members.
- We have re-united hundreds of thousands of members with their lost super and continue to offer the only cross fund matching programme for smaller inactive accounts.
- We have collected unpaid super on behalf of millions of ordinary Australians.
On any measure, IFS stands proud as part of the growth and success of the industry super fund sector.
Of course, not all strategic alliances succeed. International research suggests that the drivers of success are clarity of purpose and roles amongst the alliance partners, and trust between the participants. That’s why IFS works every day to ensure that we are known for our integrity, and our ability to partner with our funds as they grow and change.
Our 25th year is not only a time for celebration and reflection, it’s also a time to re-commit to our strategic purpose – to ensure there is a deep alignment with our client’s and shareholders values and goals, a sense of being mutually invested in each other’s success, and a single-minded focus on ordinary working Australians who are the members we serve.
Finally, it’s a time to pay tribute to the people who make up the IFS family – our past and current directors and our hardworking and talented staff who have diligently and faithfully implemented the vision of the founders and deserve the credit for much of IFS’ success.
On that note, I’m delighted to congratulate Natalie Lister, Finance Manager here at IFS for being selected by Women In Super (WIS) and Monash Business School for the ‘Your Leadership Voice Scholarship’ at Monash University Business School. You can read more about Natalie’s experience and this wonderful opportunity.
I hope you enjoy this edition of IFS Update. As usual your feedback or questions are always welcome.
IFS Chief Executive